Monday, May 10, 2010

Ticket to the 'Motherland'

Vast. Colorful. Lively. Through my own lens, that's what defines the cultures and the people I see when traveling across the other side of the ocean. I'm hoping to temporarily forget the busy lifestyle and time constraints back at home, and maybe realize that the clock will (someday) stop ticking and the simplicities of daily life subconsciously surfaces. I've watched children laugh while fishing along the port of Sete, France. And now I'm wondering about the phenomenal mysteriousness of the Plain of Jars in Xieng Khouang, Laos.

There is nothing more rewarding than to find myself living in the past, present, and future...simply time-traveling. If I can live through local strangers and majestic villages, I not only enjoy, but continuously question and learn as a world citizen. It's always a memorable moment, when traveling defines who I am and what I can become.

On my list this Fall, to Southeast Asia. And yes, for the first time. Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore....they're all on my mind. I hope to capture it all in snapshots, conversations, and film. My mom is excited for me to find myself in the 'mother land' and to upkeep with all the uncles and aunts that want to know how I'm doing and who my latest love is. All should be fun and well, right?

As they say...life is to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment